Thursday, July 24, 2014

this is what plants look like in magazine layouts

Strange phenomenon occurring in the garden currently. The plants are unprecedentedly healthy and entirely bug free. Not a blemish on anything.
 The cleome is impressive in its perfection, this is just one example.

The cotton is so unique and beginning to bloom. Now how do I go about saving the seeds?

 This big dahlia has remained untouched since I dead headed last, odd but completely awesome.
 The glads are mostly erect which is in itself a small miracle and completely out of the ordinary.
And lastly, my teddy bears. Flawless. 
I have never experienced this. The Japanese beetles are always the dominant force in the garden this time of year. But it seems the wave of destruction has passed. But why? Increased bird population due to enhanced habitat? Sudden cold front and unexpected I may add? Combination of factors known and unknown?
But that is not all, everything on the farm remains pristine.
Have I achieved the mythical balance that results in the crowding out of "bad bugs"?
I don't know yet, but I love the thick, fleshy, veiny leaves that surround me and mine.
And by the way, I already have the first rose seeds stratifying in my fridge. Can not hardly wait. And again, we are working on next year's garden/collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment